28th to 29th of June, 2018 in VIENNA, Austria
9am till 5pm
with Bernard Ross
This intensive two-day workshop will give you the skills and confidence to explore the opportunities offered by the growth in HNWI (High Net Worth Individuals) and UHNWI (Ultra High Net Worth Individuals). The programme will be firmly rooted in the realities of European philanthropy and fundraising, exploring the differences from the US model.
The programme is suitable for individuals working across sectors like healthcare, disability, arts and culture, higher education, humanitarian action, etc. You will gain form the chance to understand how others approach this issue and will have the chance to explore differences in sectors. The programme does not assume any prior knowledge of major donor work specifically, but you should be a practicing fundraiser or senior person in your organisation responsible for helping to secure funds.
The programme will combine a number of modules:
- Understanding of the nature of HNWI and UHNWI giving
- Old philanthropy v old philanthropy
- Researching and identifying wealth
- How major giving should fit into your strategy and portfolio
- Contrasting capital, endowment, revenue and project appeals
- Engaging your Board and senior colleagues
- Developing a major donor case for support and propositions
- Links to personal corporate, foundation and legacy gifts
- Making the Ask- solicitation skills one to one
- Developing your personal brand as a major donor officer
- Creating the Major Donor Journey- from first contact to success
- Building in donor love and stewardship
Before the event you will be asked to fill in an online questionnaire designed to help shape the content and focus to meet needs of those participating. The final timetable will be based on this.
Furthermore, the programme will be an engaging and challenging mix of:
- Input from a leading expert
- Strategic analysis tools
- Small group exercises
- Practical exercises around your organisation’s needs
- Case studies of success and failure
- Personal refection
- Individual solicitation practice
- Action planning
You’ll also have ‘homework’ before the event and on the evening of day one. Be prepared to work hard!
The course will take place at Hotel & Palais Strudlhof (Pasteurgasse 1) in Vienna.
|| EUR € 950.-
|| EUR € 890.-
* Members of: Fundraising Verband Austria, Deutscher Fundraising Verband e.V., Swissfundraising and other member organizations of the European Fundraising Association
Make sure to book until the 1st of May and receive the following Early-Bird discount:
|| 2 days
|| - EUR € 40.-
** for members of Fundraising Verband Austria, Deutscher Fundraising Verband e.V., Swissfundraising and other member organizations of the European Fundraising Association until May 1st 2018